Saturday 3 September 2022

September 2022 - Overdrive Hell and Medication Shifts

I got my Lupron shot on August 8, 2022 and that will keep me okay til October/November.

Unfortunately, my body went into overdrive hell in terms of endometriosis symptoms and made me extremely ill: bleeding, pain, cramps, and diarrhea that made me ill for at least a week, and resting or physiotherapy didn't help nor did food adjustments, so I sought to make an appointment with my GP, but I found out that Dr. Saif was gone - later, I found to Ontario. Thus, I was forced to phone Dr. Topping for an appointment. I got in within two days of my call and when I went to see Dr. Topping, she said I was doing okay with what I was doing, but suggested I drop the estradot because it might make a difference. She also recommended I get a GP, which is impossible at the moment because Lethbridge doctors are currently not accepting new patients period. I did go off the estradot as recommended and I did some more food adjustments (stopped quinoa bread and dairy free yogurt). I am also keeping off sugar as much as possible and doing minimal self-monitored physiotherapy while being mindful of the heat, as the heat really has a bad effect on me. On top of that, I made sure I had enough perscriptions to get me through the year and made an agreement with a pharmacy to get my Lupron shots as I need them til I can get a GP.

Hopefully, my body will do well until a doctor can be found or my appointment in Calgary comes through. At least I am not going to lose that even though I am losing my OB and GP.

No comments:

Post a Comment